Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Introductory PR course for graduate students

I am teaching Public Relations Foundations, our "PR bootcamp," for the second time this fall. It's a course for first-year M.A. students who weren't PR undergrads, and it's my job to teach them everything they need to know in 15 weeks.

This year I'm trying a new textbook, Guth and Marsh's Public Relations: A Value-Driven Approach, which they'll read in the first month of class, along with a case studies book, Werther and Chandler's Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility: Stakeholders in a Global Environment, which I'll use a springboard for discussions about strategic thinking, planning, and writing.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

"More important than the curriculum is the question of the methods of teaching and the spirit in which the teaching is given" --Bertrand Russell

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?