Friday, May 11, 2007

Confession: I hate the end of the school year

Students love the end of the school year; me, not so much.

In the past two weeks I've been to two luncheons, a senior banquet, an award presentation and reception, an awards ceremony and reception, and our faculty/staff end-of-the-year celebration. I skipped an open house and probably some other event I've forgotten by now. Today we have Convocation, our College graduation ceremony. Thank heaven it's not my turn to attend the University graduation in the football stadium -- nothing like wearing a black robe in the glaring sun for 3+ hours (although come to think of it, my gown will be there, courtesy of Kaye Sweetser).

Individually, these events are lovely; since I'm in confession mode I'll even admit that sometimes I get weepy. Every single person honored or program celebrated undoubtedly deserved it. But the end of the semester just can't get here soon enough! (I'm in complete denial about Maymester starting on Tuesday.)

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

"More important than the curriculum is the question of the methods of teaching and the spirit in which the teaching is given" --Bertrand Russell

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?