Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The party's over; let the research begin

Grad student orientation yesterday, classes start tomorrow. I'm sad to say my summer is over.

I found out I will have 10 students in my graduate seminar, PR Foundations, students who were not PR majors as undergraduates-- we think of it as a "boot camp" to get them up to speed on the field. They'll be doing some writing, reviewing PR history, law and ethics, and learning the basics of strategic planning.

The good news is that I already have a thesis topic for someone, thanks to Kami Huyse. (Kami, we've got a spot for you if you decide to come back to school.) Actually, I keep a file of research ideas for students, so don't hesitate to send them my way.

Comments:
I hope that someone takes it on. I would love to see what they come up with, and would even be willing to help shape it with them.

As for back to school, it would be lovely, but I have a 2-year-old and a business to run. Maybe I will go back to grad school when Kyler goes to undergrad. :-)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

"More important than the curriculum is the question of the methods of teaching and the spirit in which the teaching is given" --Bertrand Russell

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?