Friday, June 02, 2006

Rock star puts tour on hold to visit class

Another first for me today: a guest lecture via Webcast. And the star of the show was none other than Josh Hallett.

Josh was kind enough to take time out of his whirlwind world tour to devote an hour of his time to discussing blogging and social media with my PR Administration students.

Appropriately awed by his cyberpresence, they were too afraid (or stunned?) to ask any questions until he departed.

All kidding aside, it was fantastic. I posted last semester on my difficulty getting the students engaged. Once Josh had convinced them that Web 2.0 is the future of PR, I had no trouble holding their attention.

Anyone interested in talking to my grad seminar (PR bootcamp for people who were non-majors as undergrads) in the fall? All you need is a Webcam and mike. You, too, can be a rock star!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

"More important than the curriculum is the question of the methods of teaching and the spirit in which the teaching is given" --Bertrand Russell

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?